Who pays for the sex assault exams?
The sex assault exam and evidence collection is paid for by the Park County Sheriff’s Office. Additional charges for medical treatment and counseling may be covered by Victim Compensation. All Victim Advocates are able to assist you in this process. If you choose to not report to Law Enforcement, the exam will be paid for by the Department of Criminal Justice.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to report this sex assault to law enforcement?
2. What is SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)/FNE(Forensic Nurse Examiner)?
3. Who pays for the sex assault exams?
4. Where are SANE hospitals?
5. Is there counseling available for sex assault victims?