Can I have horses on my property?
Regardless of zoning, the property must have a lawful source of water or well permit that authorizes the watering of livestock. Property must be routinely cleared of waste products. All corrals, stalls, and barns shall be located 50 feet from any dwelling, and 100 feet from any water well or watercourse. Runoff containing organic waste shall not be allowed to drain onto adjacent lots or any watercourse.

If your property is zoned Agricultural (A), there are no restrictions on the number of horses and/or any large livestock other than federal and State Animal Feed Operations (AFO) and Confined Feed Operations (CFO) regulations. Please refer to the Park County Land Use Regulations, Article 5, Division 7, Section 5-700 for the current Animal Regulations.

Please note: For properties that were created after August 23, 2003, and are less then 10 acres, no large livestock animals are permitted.

Show All Answers

1. What are the hours of the Planning and Zoning Department?
2. How can I find out how a property is zoned?
3. What are the required building setbacks?
4. How can I obtain a copy of the Park County Land Use Regulations (LURs)?
5. Can I live on my property during the construction of my primary residence?
6. How long is the Planning and Zoning Sheet valid?
7. If I am putting in a driveway, do I have to complete the same paperwork as if for a residence?
8. Can I camp on my property?
9. Can I have horses on my property?
10. Can I build a storage shed (accessory structure) on my property if it is vacant land, and if so, do I need a building permit?
11. Are there any size restrictions for a residential structure?
12. Can I subdivide my property into several lots?
13. Can I put a mobile home on my property?
14. How can I file a complaint pertaining to a land use violation?
15. Who is responsible for culvert maintenance?