Park County, CO - On June 15, 2022 at 5:oo PM, Park County Sheriff, Tom McGraw issued a Stage 1 Fire Ban for all of Park County. In order to prevent the spread of dangerous wildland fires, the following acts are PROHIBITED on ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using open burning or an open fire as defined in Section 5.f. of County Ordinance 21-04.
- Target and recreational shooting, except on private property when the owner or lessee of such private property, or the owner or lessee’s employee, is present and supervising.
- Blasting, or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
- Outdoor hot work without a pressurized water system or at least a 7lb. ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.
- Fireworks and model rocketry
- Smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating a chain saw without a pressurized water system or at least a 7lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.
- Persons with a written exemption from their District Fire Chief that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Approved fully contained outdoor wood burning furnace/boiler.
- For commercial operations authorized under contract or permit, internal and external combustion engines may be operated as approved by the Forest Service within designated areas.
- Licensed hunters that are actively pursuing game.
Please review County Ordinance 21-04 for more information. And remember, citations for violations start at $500 and increase to $1000. We appreciate your cooperation.