Park County Sheriff’s Office
PO Box 604
Fairplay, CO 80440
Sheriff Tom McGraw
Effective 8:00 am, Thursday July 30, 2020
Burn Ban In Effect For Park County
Note: The Platte Canyon Fire District has lifted the Fire Ban for their district.
Restrictions are Still in Place for All Other Fire Districts
The following acts are PROHIBITED on ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire, including charcoal.
- Smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads or trails.
- Blasting, welding or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
- Fireworks and model rocketry.
- Target shooting and recreational shooting is prohibited, including the Forestry areas.
- Operating a chain saw without a 10lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.
- Persons with a written exemption from the Sheriff that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
- Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Approved fully contained outdoor wood burning furnace/boiler.
- For commercial operations authorized under contract or permit, internal and external combustion engines may be operated as approved by the Forest Service within designated areas.
- Licensed hunters that are actively pursuing game.
Please abide by the County Ordinance 19-01. Citations for violations will start at $500 and increase to $1000.
Park County Fire Districts
Updated information is also available by calling the Park County Fire Line 719-836-4160.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sheriff Tom McGraw