PARK COUNTY, COLO - On Saturday June 15, 2018 starting at about 6:00 am, Park County Coroner’s Office will be conducting a training exercise on North US Hwy 285 near Como at about mile marker 190. Members of the public should not be alarmed by the presence of emergency vehicles and “victims” being carried or observed on the ground. Staging for the exercise will begin at about 6:00 am. The actual exercise is expected to begin at about 8:00 am and conclude by mid afternoon.
The scenario will consist of a tourist bus rolling over in a ravine resulting in casualties. The “victims” will be mannequins. At about 8:00 am the 911 Communications Center will initiate the incident by contacting responding agencies. The team will respond to the scene to test the overall plan, preparedness for a portable morgue operation in a field situation, and examine operability of different disciplines and agencies in a mass fatality incident. The Park County Coroner’s CARE Team will be opening a family assistance center as part of the exercise.
The Park County Coroner’s Office would like to thank the following agencies for their participation:
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Colorado Parks & Wildlife
- Colorado State Patrol
- El Paso County Coroner's Office
- Fairplay Police Department
- Fremont County Coroner's Office
- Jefferson County Coroner's Office
- Hartsel Fire Protection District
- Jefferson-Como Fire Protection District
- Lake County Coroner's Office
- Lake George Fire Protection District
- North-West Fire Protection District
- Park County Emergency Management & Operation Center
- Park County Sheriff's Department
- South Park Ambulance District
- Southern Park County Fire & EMS Protection District
- Summit County Coroner's Office
- 911 Communication Center
Media opportunities – We will make reasonable accommodations to grant access in the area. Please contact the Public Information Officer, Kim Castellano, at 303-990-4699.