- Feature Links
- Park County Broadband Initiative
Park County Broadband Initiative
Bailey Broadband Survey
Does the Bailey area need faster and more reliable internet? To help answer this question, Park County government and its Broadband Advisory Board issued a survey to citizens and business owners in the Bailey area to get a better understanding of the existing internet services and estimate the level of support for the potential deployment of broadband expansion. Please find the report and data below:
Bailey Broadband Report June 2022 - Final
Report Attachment: Platte Canyon Chamber Letter of Support
Survey Results - Open Comments Compiled
Need Help Paying for Internet?
Check out the Affordable Connectivity Program, a federal benefit program that helps ensure more households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
The application is a simple two-step process:
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to apply or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Broadband Advisory Board
The purpose of the Park County Broadband Advisory Board is to advise the Board of County Commissioners and other county staff and officials on how to enhance telecommunications in Park County in order to facilitate economic development, attract new residents, and improve, manage, and keep abreast of telecommunications trends and developments that affect or relate to telecommunications in Park County.
Broadband Advisory Board meetings are the second Monday of every month. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Connectivity - the National Broadband Map explores how connected our communities are and where opportunities and needs exist.
- Internet Speed Test and Troubleshooting - Test your internet speeds using the state's internet speed test tool. If your connection speeds are slow, there are things you can do to speed up your connection. And if your speeds are consistently slow (slow speed test results over several days), contact your provider for additional help.
- Financial Assistance - there are a number of state resources for help paying for internet services for individuals and families to help cover the costs of internet services.
- State Programs and Initiatives - the State of Colorado Broadband Office features information for consumers, internet service providers, and community organizations.
- Regional Efforts - Upper Arkansas Regional Broadband Strategic Plan 2015 (page 93 for Park County) (PDF)