Safety Planning & Protection Orders


If You Are in Danger

  • Call 9-1-1
  • Call Park County Sheriff's Office Victim Services at (303) 816-5912 or PeaceWorks Inc at (303) 838-7176
  • Call a national hot line:
  • Remember that corded phones are more private and less interceptable than cordless phones or analog cell phones
  • Be aware that you may not be able to reach 9-1-1 using an internet phone or internet-based phone service, so you may need to be prepared to use another phone to call 9-1-1
  • Be aware that newer cell phones and cell phone plans often have location tracking (GPS) features that an abuser might try to use to learn where you are or where you have been
  • Contact Family Tree to learn about free cell phone donation programs