The following items need to be given to the buyer:
- The Colorado certificate of title (must be in the name of the seller) signed in the sellers area of the title
- All owners must sign if the title shows more than 1 owner on the face of the title
- The name and address of the buyer must be filled in
- If the title indicates a place for a notary, the seller must have his/her name(s) notarized
- The odometer reading must be entered on titles of vehicles less than 10 years old.
- A bill of sale (PDF) with the vehicle description, date and time of purchase, and amount paid if the title does not have a place for purchase price.
License plates from the vehicle remain with the seller.
For more information, contact the Motor Vehicle Office at 719-836-4333.