Retail Food Licensing
To obtain a retail food license in Park County you must contact the Food Safety Division at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) at 303-692-3645 option #1 or Email. Park County Public Health is currently only doing licensing for temporary events so you must contact CDPHE to obtain an permanent food retail license. Please see the link under resources about Retail Food Safety in Colorado for more information.
March 17, 2020 - Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) response Park County will not be issuing any temporary food vendor licenses this year.
All food vendors who want to participate at scheduled events in Park County must have a current retail food license with the State of Colorado or a current temporary food license with another county. Copies of those licenses must be provided to the event coordinator and the event coordinator must include it with the event application. This information may be subject to change as conditions change. Food Vendors must be prepared to follow the most current COVID-19 guidance for food handlers at the time of the event.
March 16, 2020 - Colorado Governor Polis’ Office issued an order that all mass gatherings of 250 people or more will be cancelled/postponed unless the event coordinators can show how they will ensure social distancing measures -- attendees to remain at least six feet away from others — an example of social distancing that’s currently considered a key safety measure to prevent the further spread of the virus.
March 15, 2020 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its guidance regarding large group gatherings and events in light of the ongoing effort to combat the spread of coronavirus in the country. The new CDC guidance recommends against holding any events or group gatherings of 50 or more people across the U.S., and it notes that this guidance applies for at least the next eight weeks
Temporary/Special Event with Food Vendors
Special Events General Information
Temporary/Special Event Food Vendors
- Colorado Food Establishment Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Establishment Application with Commissary Agreement (PDF)
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Establishments (PDF)
Temporary/Special Event Coordinators
- State Food Safety Training - View information related to the State of Colorado Certification of Food Handler(s)
- Retail Food Safety
- Colorado Retail Food Establishment Rules and Regulations (PDF) - Find information on restaurant inspections and renewals, restaurant menus, floor plan reviews, and ownership revisions
- Food Manufacturing and Storage Guidelines - View information on manufactured food registration