Within 90 days of establishing Colorado residency, or upon being gainfully employed, new residents must apply for a Colorado registration for their vehicles.
The following documents are required:
- An out-of-state title or current registration (if your title is being held by a lien holder / lender)
- VIN verification
- Out-of-state vehicles must be inspected by the Sheriff's Office or town police.
- Form DR2395 (PDF) is required to complete the inspection
- There may be a charge for this service
- All vehicles under 16,000 pounds (empty weight) are required to show current proof of insurance prior to registration
- If your vehicle has a lien on the title, the lien holder's name and address must be provided if not shown on the out-of-state title or registration
For more information, contact the Motor Vehicle Office at 719-836-4333.