- Our Tax Lien Sale is conducted with the goal of fairness and efficiency in mind.
- Questions or comments regarding the sale should be directed to RealAuction at (877) 361-7325 or Email at .
- Should you have a question regarding other aspects of tax liens contact the Treasurer’s office at (719) 836-4241.
- An annual Tax Lien Sale is held to collect the unpaid taxes.
- These taxes are purchased by investors who, in turn, earn interest on the tax liens against these properties.
- The interest amount (paid on the tax lien but not on the premium) is determined on September 1 each year and is 9 percent above the federal discount rate (rounded up).
- The interest rate for the tax lien sale will be set on September 1st.
- The amount of the individual tax lien(s) purchased includes the amount of tax, delinquent interest (through October) plus advertising, internet auction and certificate fees.
- Generally a successful bidder pays a premium price above the tax liens that are sold in order to purchase a tax lien certificate.
- YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE PROPERTY! This is merely a lien against the property.
- The owner of the property has the right to redeem the certificate until the day the Treasurer’s Deed is issued.
- Refer to the sites noted above should you have any questions regarding Redemption's, Endorsements or the Treasurer’s Deed process. It should be noted that the property owner may redeem the property from the tax lien certificate holder at any time subsequent to the tax lien sale and up to the issuance of a tax deed.
- Per Colorado State Statute C.R.S. 39-11-151 no tax lien shall be sold to county officials or employees or to a member of the immediate family of such individuals.
Information on a preliminary list (not final) will be available at Realauction.com approximately 3 weeks prior to the sale date. The list will be updated until the morning of the day of the sale.