Tax Lien Sale
The 2019 Tax Sale will begin on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 8:00 am (MST) and commence closing on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:00 am (MST).
PLEASE NOTE: Property Owners may pay their delinquent advertised taxes up until the deadline, Tuesday, November 5, 2019 by 3:00 pm MST. Payment must be received in the Park County Treasurer’s office by that time, postmark will not be accepted. Payment must be made in full and includes taxes, interest, penalties and advertising fees. Only certified funds (cashier’s check, money order or cash) will be accepted after September 12, 2019.
- The tax lien sale will be held on the internet and it will be administered by SRI, Inc.
- The tax liens available for sale will be shown on the web site shown above on or about from October 11, 2019 to November 8, 2019.
- The auction will close in batches starting at 11:00 am Mountain Time on November 8, 2019.
- The auction rules and procedures will be posted on the auction web site prior to the sale.
Delinquent Property Tax List
The 2019 Delinquent Tax Sale List (as published) will be available on, or about October 11, 2019 at ZeusAuction.com. The list will be updated daily until the morning of November 6, 2019, the day of the sale
- Registration opens October 11, 2019 at 8:00 am, closes November 8, 2019 at 9:00 am.
- All potential bidders must register before November 8, 2019.
- Registration will be made at ZeusAuction.com.
- Existing Park County tax lien buyers are identified by one of three ways:
- SSN - Social Security Number
- EIN - Employer Identification Number
- ITIN - Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
As long as you find one of these identifiers you will be able to retain your existing Park County Buyer Number.
- The registration will include the completion of an IRS required W-9 form as well as ACH depository requirements. Further details of the registration process are available on the Website.
- At the time of registration you will be asked to complete an ACH authorization so that the payments can be withdrawn from the bidder’s account used in the registration process for the tax liens purchased. There are no deposits required.
- We encourage you to register as soon as the delinquent property tax list is available as you can then research the properties and make a determination of a bid.
Element of Risk
- Although The Treasurer’s Office makes significant effort to be aware of potential problem liens and therefore withholds them from sale, ultimately the sale is a "BUYER BEWARE SALE" as there is an element of risk inherent in the purchase of tax liens.
- Please conduct your own investigation in order to reduce the risk.
- Details of the property are accessible through the auction Website.
Certificate Holder Address Changes
It is the responsibility of the certificate holder to change their address. These changes can be made online at SRI, Inc when registration for the sale opens through the closing of registration. After the conclusion of the sale any address changes need to be made with the Park County Treasurer’s Office.
- You do not have ownership rights to the property, simply a property tax lien. You are not buying the land. This is merely a lien against the property. It must be understood that the sale and purchase of a tax lien does not, convey the right of possession, use, improvement or access to said property.
- A lien is valid for 15 years from the original issue date. You may apply for a Treasurers Deed after 3 years from the date of sale. If you do not apply for a Treasurer Deed the lien is cancelled after 15 years. CRS 39-11-148
- Please stay tuned for updated information as the Auction Date approaches.